Internationally recognised as one of the world’s most exclusive shopping destinations, Sloane Street is located right in the heart of the Kensington and Chelsea area, stretching, as it does, from Knightsbridge in the north to the iconic Sloane Square at the southern end – passing much sought-after accommodation In Chelsea London, on its way.
And, make no mistake, it’s a shopping street that simply accentuates the very best of London life and style. Renowned for its elegant catwalk of iconic luxury brands, unparalleled service and exclusive products, its impressive list of flagship stores includes Tom Ford, Chloe, Salvatore Ferragamo, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Giorgio Armani, Rag & Bone, Saint Laurent, Alberta Ferretti and Marni.
In actual fact, the thoroughfare takes its name from Sir Hans Sloane, who purchased the area in 1712. Today, iconic luxury brands are interspersed with chic townhouses, beautifully manicured gardens and characterful side streets, such as Ellis Street and Pavilion Road.
Part of the Cadogan Estate, Sloane Street and the surrounding area ooze heritage and pedigree, making them enormously appealing for those who choose to stay in 5 star hotels in Chelsea, such as our very own San Domenico House hotel. Among the great names of luxury, exclusive retail to be found this most elegant of West London streets then are:
- Tiffany & Co (145 Sloane Street SW1X 9AY) – the internationally renowned jeweller where you’ll find classic designs ideal for honouring memorable occasions, including a wide range of engagement rings, statement, fine and fashion jewellery and gifts
- Dolce & Gabbana (6 Sloane Street SW1X 9LE) – a luxury brand distinguished by its stylistic originality, in combination with a superior sartorial content that blesses its creations, Dolce & Gabbana always provides an expression of unconventional luxuriousness which, season after season, combines strong, idiosyncratic innovation with the powerful Mediterranean flavour of its origins; don’t doubt it, this is a clothing brand whose essence lies in its contrasting features
- Cartier (143-144 Sloane Street SW1X 9AY) – by combining tradition with innovation, Cartier has remained at the forefront of jewellery- and watch-making for many decades, creating objects of exquisitely contemporary yet timeless elegance
- Dior (31 Sloane Street SW1X 9NR) – come the 21st Century and Dior continues to embody elegance and style with the same audacity that inspired Monsieur Dior back when he launched his fashion house, so no question then, from the grandest evening gowns available to buy to the best-selling J’adore perfume, this brand’s creations constitute an exquisite universe; Christian Dior’s vision was always been of its time, fascinating women with his ability to combine utmost modernity with timeless elegance, and so the company that bears his name remains
- Gucci (18 Sloane Street SW1X 9NE) – steeped in glamour, famed for fashionable yet timeless products, loved by movie stars and bequeathed to future generations, Gucci is an almost mystical fashion brand, one that’s long been inspired by distinguished women of beauty, including actresses, princesses and socialites; Gucci’s simply renowned worldwide for its fashion authority, Italian craftsmanship and quality
- Jimmy Choo (32 Sloane Street SW1X 9NR) – home to a complete assortment of women’s shoe and bag collections as well as eyewear, sunglasses, small leather goods, soft accessories and fragrance, this is also where to head for an elegant VIP room that provides a made-to-order service, offering customers a choice of signature styles custom made in a myriad of colourways, textures and finishes; for an extra personal touch, made-to-order customers can personalize the soles of their shoes with monogram initials, while brides-to-be can book a personal appointment to discover the bridal collection available in the store.